Al Raya Gazetesi Muhabiri Samih Kayed'in Büyükelçi Ahmet Demirok'la Gerçekleştirdiği Röportajın İngilizce Metni
HE Ambassador Ahmet Demirok expressed his great satisfaction on the level of relations between Turkey and Qatar, pointing out that the nature and strength of these relationships make me and my family feel relieved to live in Doha, which I consider it my second home, adding that these close relations between the two countries are part of the historical relations between Turkey and the Arab and Muslim world.
This came in an interview with Al Raya showed many issues far from politics and diplomatic job. It was focused on the other side of his life showing the path of his education and his usual and practical life; besides the most important events affecting his life.
- I was born in Kulu, the Turkish city, in 1970 and completed my education there until I joined the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara and graduated in 1992. I am married with three children.
- My career path began in the early nineties as an attaché in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey. The first mission outside the country was the Vice- Consul in Greece then to Australia and returned to the Middle East Department at the Foreign Ministry. Later I was First Secretary at the Turkish embassy in Bratislava, Slovakia then Adviser to the Office of the United Nations in Vienna, Austria and after that a special adviser to Mr. Ali Babacan then to Professor Ahmet Davutoğlu and the Ministers of Foreign Affairs from 2010 to 2013. I was appointed as General Consul of Turkey in London before being appointed as an ambassador for my country in Doha last October to be Qatar the first workstation to me as an ambassador. I see it the most important and I am proud of it because I did not feel that I am working outside my country but I feel I am in my community and my second home.
- I found my home in Qatar, Qataris are my brothers; we have same culture and customs as two Muslim countries and my family found all the comfort and happiness here as if we are not out of Turkey.
- Before I came to Qatar I was following in the media all the talks about it as a country pace close to the front through the comprehensive renaissance at all levels of economic, social, constructive, cultural and political.
- My vision for this Arab and Muslim country after ten years is summarized in what we are witnessing now in 2014; Qatar is the most developed and advanced at all levels, so how can it be after ten years especially in light of its national vision that reflects the depth of the Qataris leadership wisdom under the governance of His Highness Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani, the Emir and His Highness the Father Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. In light of this wonderful Qatari vision I think that we will see after ten years another type of Qatar whose development is accelerating as the acceleration of the modern technology evolution; the development of Qatar in this way is a pride for each Muslim and Arab not only for Qataris.
- One of the most prominent aspects that I saw in Qatar is the interdependence between the leadership and the strong keen of this leadership in improving its people and move toward a brighter future, here is a substantial investment for the human.
- Regarding the customs and traditions in the Qatari culture, it can be said that maintaining the heritage of these customs and traditions along with the urbanization and modern development were the reason behind achieving Qatar this level of progress.
- That most attracted my attention in this country where the human touch every sense of security and stability is the phenomenon of the gathering (Al Majlis). This habit is based on the depth of wisdom and social concept forming a stronghold for the exchange of views and visions and embodying the constructive and meaningful dialogue.
- Qatar is a fertile environment for making friends and despite the novelty of my work here as ambassador to Turkey, I was able to configure important groups of friends on all popular and official levels, as well as friends from all over the world in the diplomatic community.
- The establishment of the new Turkish school in Doha will be this summer, and teaching will begin next December.
- There are 150 Turkish companies operating in Qatar in various areas of development in this country and the number of Turks here is more than 8 thousand Turkish and I have an excellent relationship with them.
- The most beautiful scenes and situations here that this country, thank God, is immune by security and stability and witnessing a civilized system based on the wisdom. Besides the environment in Qatar is clean and despite the high temperatures, I and my family love this atmosphere.
- I love the diplomatic work that needs working in a serious and quiet pace based on the depth of thinking and broad understanding for the other. Despite the difficult diplomatic work, however, in my view it is entertaining and good, but the problem is in the volatility of the culture of children during the move from one place to another in this world.
- I love all kinds of sports and I participated in sports between Turkish and Qatari teams. I was the captain of the team in the sports today. I think that sport is essential in human life and society.
- I'm fond in reading in general and reading the media, knowing the other cultures and communicating with them through modern means of communication. Reading is food for the mind and spirit together.
- Alienation is a double-edged sword, it is useful for human being as he knows multiple cultures and therefore he will have a large stock of knowledge, but at the same time it is an obstacle to our children who move from one culture to another in light of the parents’ work.
Pazar - Perşembe
08:00 - 16:00
08:00 - 12:00
Tatil Günleri 2019
|9.2.2016||Katar Milli Spor Günü|
|18.12.2016||Katar Milli Günü|
+ 90 312 292 29 29